ICONIC SIX-FIGURE AMPLIFIER CONVERTED TO SUB $200 STOMPBOX
When it comes to Continuum cleans or searing Texas lead tones, the Vertex Effects Steel String MKII — based on serial #001 of a legendary six-figure Steel String Singer amplifier— is an amazing tone-shaper and mild overdrive in an über compact, pedalboard friendly, size. Whether you're hitting the front end of your favorite tube amp to give it a little more D-Style character or breathing a little more life into a solid state or backline amplifier, the Steel String MKII is a must for those that revere the classic Steel String amplifier clean tone. Short of having a $250,000 SSS amplifier in your arsenal, the Steel String MKII is the next best thing! It easily fits on any pedalboard, powered with any standard 9-18V power supply, and can be quickly dialed in with the gain, filter, and level controls with an added rock/jazz toggle to better shape the low-end EQ.
DIAL IN YOUR D-STYLE CLEAN TONE WITH EASE!
The Steel String MKII is about as easy as it gets when finding inspiring tones with your amp and guitar pairing of choice. When the gain is below 50%, the Steel String will act as more of a clean boost with some D-style coloration (dialing the Filter, Volume, and Rock/Jazz settings to taste). However, when the gain knob exceeds 50%, it begins to get into light overdrive territory and makes for an amazing mid-gain overdrive and an amazing pedal for stacking into mid-range style overdrives like the classic TS-style circuits. In addition to being an amazing stand-alone overdrive, the Steel String can be a great EQ to balance out other harsher overdrive pedals when stacked, and can smooth some of those unwanted frequencies we often have to dial out of our mid and high gain pedals. Whether you want to use the Steel String MKII as a Boost, Overdrive, or EQ shaper, there are literally endless possibilities that would make it an excellent choice for your pedalboard.
STEEL STRING MKI vs. MKII
- 1/3 the size — MKII manages to include the complete circuit of the Steel String MKI with ZERO compromise in tone. By decreasing the size by over 33% players have all the benefits of the original Steel String in an even more pedalboard friendly size.
- Added "Jazz/Rock" switch — As seen on many D-Style amplifiers, the Jazz/Rock toggle provides an even wider range of EQ voicing, in particular, in the low-end, working in combination with the filter control on the pedal.
VERTEX STEEL STRING CLEAN DRIVE MKII FEATURES:
- Steel String Singer amp tone in a box
- Incredible touch sensitivity, fatness, and top-end spank
- Based on serial number #001 of the legendary 6L6 Dumble SSS
- 33% smaller than the Steel String MKI
- Added Jazz/Rock toggle to voice the low-end EQ
- Flexible gain control allows for use as a Clean Boost or Overdrive
- Filter control mimics the D-style EQ curve
- Rugged steel metal housing
- Authentic D-style appointments
- 9 to 18-volt operation (adapter not included, 18V provides more clean headroom)
- True Bypass Switching (mechanical)
- Designed in California